An Almost Zero Waste Trip to MOM's!

I took a zero waste trip to MOM's Organic Market last week! Feeling inspired by my Environmentalism Social Work class (which was enlightening and wonderful in so many ways), I wanted to buy granola and some other grains in bulk.

After class, I did my usual light rail commute back home to Falls Road. However, instead of getting off, I stayed on the light rail to get up to Lutherville (public transit at work - exciting!). Then I got off and walked over to the MOM's in the Lutherville shopping center.

The Lutherville Light Rail Stop

I had packed my washed and reused plastic bags the night before, plus my reusable tote bag, so all I had to do was get my supplies. I did get a few not strictly not zero waste things, which were face lotion and kimchi.


However, the face lotion is made by a company called Alaffia whose values I really support (and whose lotion is all-natural and doesn't bother my very sensitive skin). I believe the plastic they use for their lotion is recycled, or at least recyclable. Here is more about them: https://www.alaffia.com/pages/alaffia-commitments.

The kimchi came in a glass jar with a plastic lid, so I felt better about that.

After my light rail journey home, I did drive back to my house - but overall, less gas, plastic, and precious resources from our beautiful earth were used! It was an exciting and heartening trip.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Eco Things